Return and Refund Policy
Cancel before payment processed (Status Ordered)
You have entered an order, but we have not yet processed it.
Generally, there are no fees associated with this early cancellation unless goods are special orders. Generally, special orders are products not listed on our website ordered by special arrangement or at special volume pricing.
Cancel after payment processed (Status Payment Processed)
We have incurred costs in processing your order and processing your payment. Additional costs will also be incurred by us in processing your refund.
In general, we charge 10% of the order value for orders cancelled after payment has been processed.
Credit card refunds will generally be processed within 3 or 4 days.
Any fees associated with refunds through Afterpay are the customer’s responsibility.
Cancel during logistics (Status Warehouse Request)
We have incurred payment processing charges and have placed purchase orders on our suppliers. A minimum 10% cancellation fee applies if goods are still in the warehouse to reflect our order and payment processing costs. Our suppliers may charge us a fee for cancelling this order even if goods have not left the warehouse and if a fee is incurred it will also be passed on to you.
Cancel after shipment
If goods have left the warehouse, we normally incur a restocking fee from our supplier. This reflects their costs in processing the order and issuing the goods from stock.
If goods have left the warehouse and you have rejected the shipment (no courier delivery) you will be charged a courier fee and a 15% restocking fee. This fee includes our costs in processing your order, the payment, and the refund.
If you have received the shipment, you will be charged a 25% restocking fee and will be responsible for the return of the goods to the warehouse. An RMA (return material authorization) and delivery address will be issued normally within 7 days of request.
After goods have left the warehouse, we have been invoiced by our suppliers and we will only issue a refund when our supplier confirms receipt of the goods and issues a credit note to us. This process takes a minimum of 14 days from the date of receipt of goods back into the warehouse.
Refund after Goods Opened / Used
Generally, refunds are not provided after goods are opened (package seal broken) unless there has been a manufacturing fault and the goods are damaged or not working. These goods are generally referred to as DOA (dead on arrival) and are covered under vendor replacement warranty within the DOA period. This period is normally within 7 days of delivery but does vary by manufacturer.
We generally do not refund if goods are opened, and you have changed your mind. However, if you believe that the product was incorrectly described on your invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. As a rule, our suppliers do not offer a refund to us on goods that have been opened as the goods are no longer “new” and in saleable condition.
Where goods initially work but develop a fault the manufacturer service centre closest to you should be contacted.
In the case of hardware faults please contact the manufacturer to have repairs carried out under warranty. If you need assistance, we are happy to help, just contact us.
To return goods, you will need the original order number or tax invoice number.
There are 2 different types of returns, faulty goods, and incorrectly ordered goods.
If you order incorrect goods, we are happy to take them back with just a few conditions:
- Please create a return request, then wait for us to send you a Return Authorisation Number. Returned goods cannot be accepted without a Return Authorisation Number.
- As a rule, we cannot give credits for returns where the goods are over 1 month old from the invoice date. Incorrectly ordered goods must be returned in the original packaging which is still intact. We cannot accept any incorrectly ordered goods which have been opened or if the packaging is damaged or defaced in any way. Before opening the package, please check that goods are suitable for the purpose they were purchased for. If you are not at all sure feel free to contact us before you open the package.
- When returning incorrectly ordered goods please pack them in another box or rewrap so that the original packaging will not be damaged by stickers, courier handling, etc.
- It is your responsibility to pay the freight charges to the FX Business Technologies warehouse. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they have proof of delivery for goods returned to us. Goods that are shipped freight on or receiver to pay will be rejected at goods inwards in our warehouse, leaving the courier responsible.
- Return Authorisations are only valid for 14 days.
- All incorrectly ordered goods returned to FX Business Technologies will incur a 20% restocking fee.
Faulty goods can be returned with these conditions:
- Please create a return request, then wait for us to send you a Return Authorisation Number. Returned goods cannot be accepted without an FX Business Technologies Return Authorisation Number.
- As a rule, we do not give credits for returns where the goods are over 3 months old from the invoice date. This is due to manufacturers’ restraints, not our wishes. Exceptions are made for some products where we have specific latitude given to us by the manufacturer of the product.
- If the product has been refilled or tampered with in any way, the credit will be rejected.
- All products must be well packed and secured to ensure they do not get damaged in transit.
- We pay shipping for the return of faulty products – but please, first wait for a return authorization number from us, and then wait for us to advise you of our preferred return method. Sorry, we can’t pay freight on unauthorised returns.
- Return Authorisations are only valid for 14 days.
- Once we have received the goods, we will then evaluate them and contact you to advise the result.
In the case of hardware please contact the manufacturer to have repairs carried out under warranty. If you need assistance, we are happy to help, just contact us.
- We are sympathetic when it comes to returns and will consider all requests for returns that do not meet these criteria on a case-by-case basis.